How to volunteer, donate and fundraise to support KidsPeace
Trick-or-Trot 5K Run/1-Mile Walk
- Create a team! Sign up to run or walk. Gather your friends, colleagues, sport team or girl scout troop, and sign up to run or walk the Trick-or-Trot. The first 1,000 registered runners and walkers will receive a long sleeve Under Armour race shirt! T-shirt sizes are available first come, first serve at packet pick-up.
- Become a sponsor! Please send all logos (ai, eps, pdf preferred or a hi-res jpeg) electronically by October 1, 2018 to be included on the race t-shirt to Asia Ewing.
- Provide in-kind donations. We are in need of candy donations (Halloween candy for giveaways) and food/beverage donations (for runners/walkers).
- Volunteer! Click on a link below to access the volunteer sign up sheets. Volunteers are needed for both Friday, October 26 and Saturday, October 27.
Pre-Race Party Link
Race Day Link
For any questions regarding volunteering, please contact event volunteer coordinator, Christine Guido at Christine.M.Guido@gmail.com or at (410) 790-9295.
- Auction/Silent Auction
- Solicit items to be donated and hold an auction (live or silent).
- Possible items include restaurant gift cards, sporting event tickets, sports memorabilia, vacation packages, hotel stays, etc.
- Request that these items be donated by your organization, local vendors, retailers and/or restaurants, so that 100% of proceeds benefit the KidsPeace KEYS program.
- Host a drive to collect luggage, duffel bags and suitcases (new or gently used). Children in foster care often must carry their belongings in large black garbage bags. By collecting these donations, you help provide a feeling of ownership and dignity to our youth.
- Host a drive to collect items for “Family Night” packages, these types of item include, but are not limited to:
- Board games
- Movie tickets
- Restaurant gift cards
- Host a drive to collect baby items. Please note: all donations must be new. Thank you for helping mothers and children in need.
In the Workplace
- Shadow Day
- Our older youths are making decisions on what they want to do after they graduate high school. Help them learn more about your career, company and/or industry.
- This hands-on experience guides career aspirations.
- Share your shadow with colleagues to give the participant a broader look into the organization and different job functions.
- Jeans Day
- Embrace a more casual atmosphere on Friday! Forgo the usual business slacks or skirts, and allow jeans. Ask employees to donate $5 for each Friday they wish to wear jeans.
- Up the ante! For $25, employees let employees wear jeans and their favorite sports jersey.
- All collections will benefit the KidsPeace KEYS program.
United Way Donations
- A gift to United Way helps create long-term social change that produces healthy, educated and financially stable individuals and families.
- Donating to United Way is a powerful way to generate impact and solve critical community issues. You can earmark your gift for use within a specific initiative or jurisdiction. To give to KidsPeace, denote code 1676.